OUR CLOUDS OFFER AVAILABILITY, SCALABILITY & SECURITY IN CANADIAN DATACENTRES
All of our clouds services are delivered using our own "Private Cloud" infrastructure that we have designed and built using our many years of experience with IBM servers and storage, Juniper Firewalls, and HP Switches.
LOCATIONS & SUPPORT - Your data is always located in Canada
- Q9 Toronto & Brampton - We have cabinets located in both Q9’s Toronto and Brampton facilities that are connected via fibre. This setup allows us to offer additional disaster recovery solutions in 2 datacentres
- Cogeco Etobicoke - We have cabinets in Cogeco's datacentre in Etobicoke
- NOC – Network operations centre overseeing the network and power connectivity
- Staffing and support in the datacentre - We have staff available (hands and eyes service) in our datacentres 24/7
- Multiple layers of physical security including combined biometric and card scan access to the datacentre and cabinets, man traps
- Digital security cameras throughout the facility
- Security facility using biometric access for entry into both the datacentre and our cabinets
- Mantrap entrance into the datacentre
- 24x7 security and support personnel at the datacentre
- N+1 Generator Power
- Dual connections to the utility
- N+1 UPS power
- N+1 datacentre cooling
- Fire Suppression with early warning smoke detection systems
- Dry-pipe, pre-action sprinkler systems
NETWORK & INTERNET CONNECTIVITY
- High-availability internet bandwidth - we're connected to major internet backbones and regional ISP's.
- Redundancy is important for uptime as well as performance of your website since visitors to your website will be coming from all over the globe. Multiple connections to the internet means shorter routes to your customers and users, thus resulting in faster connectivity.
- Cross connections are available between cabinets and with outside carriers
Design standards of datacentres help to define the caliber and reliability of a datacentre. Tiering is a method to grade datacentres according to their design and redundancy. Below are the four specific tiers od datacetnres.
- Tier 1 – 99.671% uptime (up to 28.8 hours downtime in a year) – are basic computer rooms that require a full shutdown for maintenance.
- Tier 2 – 99.741% uptime (up to 22 hours downtime in a year) – have some redundancy but still have a single path for power, requiring a shutdown for maintenance.
- Tier 3 – 99.982% uptime – (up to 1.6 hours annual downtime) – have sufficient redundancy in place to allow for maintenance without downtime (N+1 redundancy).
- Tier 4 – 99.995% uptime – (up to .4 hours annual downtime) - These facilities are built with multiple paths to power and air conditioning and are designed to work with the worst case scenario with no critical impact. The facilities also have redundant connectivity paths. Fire suppression equipment will also quickly eliminate a fire and minimize the damage. Security also includes physical and network protection. Security cameras, man traps, card access and biometric access are methods used to control and monitor access.